Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trio of Thanks


When I need a quick little gift, I like to pull out my Fabriano Mediovalis note cards. They are made of a wonderful paper that is ideal to use for water color and are the perfect size for a thank you or quick note. I stamp 3 notes and envelopes and tie them together in a little bundle with a coordinating ribbon, and voila! I have a nice little gift for someone. These three notes I have made over and over again because I love them so much. And they are very easy. The flower is from Petal Prints and the sentiment is from Everyday Flexible phrases, both by SU.
I water colored the flowers in Pixie Pink, Opulent Orchid and Bashful Blue. I added a little bit of Crystal Stickles to the flower centers. The little dot to the left of the sentiment is a Swarovski crystal. It adds a classy bit of bling! I used the same colors on the envelopes, and also added the Stickles. The envelopes are made from the same lovely paper and take the water colors beautifully. I think these notes are a great example of how something very simple can be very effective. Sometimes we get so caught up in layers, ribbon, metal,etc.(all of which I love) that we forget that simple can work too.
Hope you have a nice warm day. It's very cold here today; 4 degrees this morning, but it is beautifully sunny! Thanks for visiting.
Stamps: Everyday Flexible Phrases, Petal Prints
Ink: Pixie Pink, Opulent Orchid, Bashful Blue, Stazon Black
Paper: Fabriano Mediovalis Notecards
Extras: Crystal Stickles, Swarovski crystals by Darice

No comments: