Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Color Challenge


I was working on a design for the girls in Enrichment club tomorrow, and I was trying to think of a color combo I could use. Although I know that Junior High girls love pink and purple, we've been doing so much for Valentine's Day, that I didn't want to repeat those same color combos. I was planning on making these cute Post It Note holders that I found on Emily's blog. I was on SCS and saw that the color challenge for this week is Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery. So I used it for our Post It Note holders. I think it came out very cute! I don't think I ever would have put these colors together, or even thought that they would look good together, but they do. Nothing like an SCS challenge to stretch your creativity.
The scallop flower is from the SaleABration set, So Many Scallops. The center of the flower says "your so sweet", but it is really very versatile, because you can always cover the wording and use another image to suit your needs, as I did here.
The pumpkin CS is cut to 7 1/2" by 3 1/2" and scored at 3 1/2" and 4". If you would like to see a tutorial on how to make these, you can see the one on Emily's blog here.
Thanks for coming to visit!

Stamps: So Many Scallops, Define Your Life, Bold Alphabet, Fresh Fillers, all by SU!
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Versamark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Extras: Scallop, 1", and 3/4" punches, Lt. Orchid grosgrain, dimensionals, The Paper Studio gemstones, Post It Notes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with "Define your Life", it is an awesome set!