Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blooming Gum Covers


Here is our last project for Enrichment Club. Today was our final class. The girls all thanked me and said that they had a good time. I did too.

Today we made these gum covers. These were sized for Dentyne Ice, or any blister pack gum made by Cadbury. If you have a different brand of gum you may have to adjust the measurements. The Groovy Guava is cut to 5-3/4" by 4". Score along the 4 inch edge at 1-3/4", 2", 4-1/2", and 4-3/4". Fold along those score lines well, and then put just a quarter inch of adhesive along the 4 inch edge and adhere the cover together. The seam is on the back, not at the side like the covers that come with the gum. Use a 3/4" circle punch to clip a little thumb notch.

To color in our blossoms and pot, we used reinkers and a blender pen. We used an orange Spica glitter pen on the centers of the flowers. I tried to catch the glitter in the close up, but it's pretty hard to capture in a photo. You'll just have to take my word; it's purty!

I will miss coming to Enrichment club; the girls are so eager to try new things and they get so excited over all
of the projects. It's so much fun to teach such enthusiastic students!

Stamps: Fun Filled by SU
Ink: Basic Black pad, Groovy Guava and River Rock reinkers
Paper: Groovy Guava, River Rock, Whisper White
Extras: SU River Rock double stitched ribbon, 3/4" circle punch, blender pen, Orange Spica glitter pen..

5 comments:

Lizette said...

I love this idea. I like the colours you chose.

Lisa said...

Very cute... It's good to see that stamp set again, I was just thinking of getting rid of it!

Jean said...

What a great idea, thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I need to hide my gum from my kids with some stamps of brocoli and spinach. Wonderful coloring on the flower pots.

Jeni said...

This is so cute. I'm going to miss your enrichment club ideas. I hope they continue because they are very motivating ideas. TFS