Friday, September 12, 2008

Daniel's 21st!


Sorry it's been so long since my last post! My second son turned 21 on the 8th. It's hard to believe I have two adult children now.

I used the Big Shot and SU's Top Note and Naturally Serif dies and the Wanted stamp set for his card. I first cut the letters from stamped card stock, but I thought they were too flat. I wanted more dimension, so I cut anIother set from chip board. I ran the card stock letters through my Xyron sticker maker and attached them to the chip board. Then I ran those through the Xyron again. The scallop is edged in Chocolate Chip. It didn't stand out enough with out it. I cut a second top note, then trimmed it at the perforations and used it to mask my first one. Then I sponged on Not Quite Navy to make a border.

I have a few other things to post, but I started my new job at the hospital as a massge therapist. I still have my old job as a medical technoligist in micro too. I am also working on finishing my massage room at Curves, so I've been pretty busy. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more posts up soon.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: SU Wanted
Ink: Chocolate Chip. Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Kraft, Confetti Cream, Not Quite Navy
Extras: Taupe and Chocolate Chip Narrow Grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot, Top Note and Naturaaly Serif dies, Hodgepodge Hardware, chip board, sponge

3 comments:

Veronica Z said...

Oh my gosh this card is awesome Paula! I love all of the detail and colors of this card. I am sure Daniel loved it!!

Juli Smith, said...

Ooo - you got the Big Shot! Lucky you girlfriend! So when can we get together and stamp again? heehee

Awesome card - 21 already?

Love & friendship, Jules

Priscilla Heistad said...

Paula,

I love this card!

My my you've been up to a lot these days. Congrats on all of the jobs and getting two children to adulthood.

Priscilla