Friday, September 26, 2008

Caregiver Thank You


Here is my card for Cammie's Alzheimer's Caregiver's Thank you. You can read about it here.


OK, so I'm reading my email, and I come across a post by my friend Juli, about a blog candy that Cammie is having. She deisigned a stamp set for Gina K, and is donating all of the profits to the Alzheimer's Association. She decided to have a blog candy giveaway and asked everyone to make a card to thank a caregiver. So I decided I had to make a card.

My Mom had Alzheimer's for years and my loving Dad took care of her until she died. Everyday he would bath her, change her, feed her. It was a beautiful expression of his deep love for her. She was both bowel and bladder incontinent, so this was no easy task for an 81 year old man. They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in June of 1991. My Mom died in August of that same year. My Dad followed her the following May. They obviously did not want to spend any of their anniversaries apart from one another. It has been many years, but I do still miss them both. I was in my early thirties when my Dad died and I was pregnant with my youngest son. I wish my children and I had been able to have more time with them.

So Cammie asked us to send a card to a caregiver we know. I would send mine to my Dad if I could. But since I can't, I will send mine to the home where Cammie's grandmother was living.

On to the details. There aren't many, as I made this card very quickly to get it in by the deadline. But I like how it turned out. The scalloped square is the new one by SU! The scallop lace is from Miss Elizabeth that I picked up at Dollar Tree the other day. It's a sticker type product that comes in a roll and there are 4 designs. Very fast and easy to use. The stamp set is SU's Ronald McDonald set where a portion of every sale goes to Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Have a great weekend!

Stamps:Say It with Scallops and Floral, both by SU
Ink: River Rock, Chocolate Chip
Paper: River Rock, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Scallop Square punch-SU, Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, Miss Elizabeth adhesive lace scallop trim.

1 comment:

Juli Smith, said...

This is lovely Paula. So elegant. You have a gift for simple and elegant, just as much as many-layers and embellishments. I'm glad you got to play along with this.

Love & friendship, Jules