Tuesday, July 14, 2020

In My Heart

I was playing around a few weeks ago with Distress Ink and a small Cuttlebug embossing folder which resulted in the panel that is on this card. I used Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade, and tossed the panel in my pile. This morning I had out my Finetec gold watercolor paint and wanting to use up the rest on my brush, I picked this panel and added some spatters and a little outline by dragging my brush along the outside edges.  I really like how the gold brought the panel to another level.  It made me want to use it, so I decided to make a card for my sister Andrea.  She's had a tough year, breaking her hips three times.  She is finally home now, but she lives several states away so I don't get to see her as often as I'd like.  I try to send her a card every few days to let her know she is always in my heart.



I mounted the panel on black card stock and chose Orange Zest CS from PTI for the card base.  I found a scrap cut from a previous watercolor background and added it lengthwise across the card.  It still needed something so I found a sliver of white CS and embossed it several times with one of my oldest and favorite embossing powders, Judikins Egyptian Gold.  I wanted a sentiment that would follow the line, and this one from Summer Hills stamp set by PTI worked perfectly.

Have a creative day!

Paula

No comments: