Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Watercolor Celebration

Good morning!

Yesterday I created this panel for Splitcoaststamper's Watercolor Wednesday challenge number 2. You can find the challenge here.  I joined late so I'm playing catch up.



The challenge was to watercolor using dye inks.  I started out with Marigold Morning, Purely Pomegranate and Melon Mambo inks.  I didn't realize how similar Melon Mambo and Purely Pomegranate are, especially once the inks are diluted a bit with water.  They were too close in color for me so I added Eggplant Envy (remember that color?) over the pomegranate flower.

My panel was 5.5" wide, but only 4" high, so I needed to decide if I should cut it smaller or add to it.  I decided to rotate my image to make a vertical card and add a black strip to the left.  I was planning on using a pink card stock as the base, but I didn't really like it.  I tried Marigold Morning and thought that was perfect.  The sentiment from SU Honey Bee was perfect for this CAS card.

This card will be going to my sister in Ohio.

Stamps: SU Flower Fest, Honey Bee
Ink: SU Purely pomegranate, Melon Mambo, Marigold Morning, Tangelo Twist, VersaFine Onyx Black
Paper: Watercolor paper, SU Basic Black, Marigold Morning

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are able to create today.

Paula 

No comments: