Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Simple Wishes




I made this simple card for my sister-in-law for her birthday on Monday. Sometimes a simple design is just what I'm looking for.

The size of this card is 6 1/2" by 3 1/4". I stamped the image on vellum and colored it with markers on the backside. I layered it over a smaller white square and attached that with dimensionals.

The sentiment is accented by a drop of Crystal Effects that I covered with Dazzling Diamonds. You could also use a drop of Stickles.

The envelope is from SU. I really like this size card, and the fact that the envelope opens at the end. So cute!

Have a happy Wednesday! Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Doodle That, Small Script, both by SU.
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Vellum, Whisper White, Pixie Pink
Extras: Green Galore, Pixie Pink, Yoyo Yellow markers, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds


3 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

I agree Paula - simplicity is next to holiness. Thanks for the reminder, as I often get *too* caught up in the details. Wonderful card!

Love & friendship, Jules

stampmonkey said...

What a fresh and fun card! I like the tall size and how you coordinated {stamped} the envelope. I'm sure she'll love it!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous!
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com