Friday, July 4, 2008

A Star Spangled Birthday


Happy 232nd birthday to our nation, and happy 23rd birthday to my son, Scott!

I made this birthday card for my son, but I didn't put any sentiment on it. I thought the flag said it all. He is on vacation this week in our nation's capitol, so he will see some spectacular fireworks tonight. As a kid he always thought they were just part of his birthday celebration!

The stamp I used is an old Peddler's Pack stamp. I used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to color the image. The fireworks were colored in with Spica glitter markers.

Happy Birthday Scott! Happy Birthday America!

Stamps: Peddler's Pack
Ink: Stazon Black
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy, all SU, PTI Stamper's Select
Extras: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Spica Glitter Pens

4 comments:

Priscilla Heistad said...

Paula,

this is a beautiful card and no sentiment is needed. I love the way you colored the flag. It is perfect!

I love that your son enjoyed the big fireworks displays as part of his birthday. My daughter Macie always thought that the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was "her" parade because of her name. The simplicity of a childhood is just a delight.

Happy Fourth,
Priscilla

Patti Gingrich said...

Your card took my breath away Paula. It's gorgeous! You were right to leave the sentiment off, as it would have taken away from the beauty of the flag. As always, your coloring is superb! Hope your son enjoyed his day. ~Patti

Veronica Z said...

WOW! This card is amazing! You cannot tell that it started out as a stamped image! You did an excellent coloring job with the prisma's. I hope your son had fun at the Capital. We decided it would be madness to try that show with a 6 month old. lol (We live about 90 minutes from D.C. I hope you had a happy 4th of July weekend! Beautifu card Paula!

Juli Smith, said...

WOW! This is amazing Paula! Awesome coloring job - and love those Spicas!

Love & friendship, Jules