Sunday, June 22, 2008

Copic Weekend Thank You


This was my weekend to work, and since we work with less staff on the weekends, they are usually quite draining. So I many times don't have the energy to stamp after dinner. But I managed to get a card stamped over a few days.

This is a card for our neighbors, who recently returned from an Alaskan cruise, and brought us back all sorts of fun stuff. Smoked salmon, which on l plan on using in a smoked salmon pasta salad I like to make, Alaskan chocolates, a HUGE Washington state apple that 4 of us shared for dessert, and my favorite, a bag of huckleberry pancake mix that smells heavenly. I'm planning on making them next Sunday after church.

The pancake mix is packaged in a fabric bag that gave me the inspiration for these colors. I used my Copics to color in the image. I am slowly increasing he image size! lol I wasn't too happy with the way the word melon smeared a bit when I used my blender over it. But not unhappy enough to redo the whole thing over. ;)

The background is Weathered, by SU!. I used my clear Spica glitter pen to color over the melons, and some Black Diamond Stickles on the dots next to the word melon.

A little bit of ribbon, and some brads in the corners finish off this card. Hope you had a great weekend, and you managed to get some stamping done. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Farm Fresh, Weathered, both by SU!

Ink: Versamark, Adirondack Pitch Black

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Only Orange

Extras: Mustard grosgrain, and Black gingham ribbon, Black Diamond Stickles, Copic Markers, Spica clearglitterpen, ticket corner punch, dimensionals

5 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

WOw, great coloring! Loving your blog...I will definately be back!

Priscilla Heistad said...

Oh my goodness Paula, what wonderful neighbors! I used to live in Washington and I so miss good smoked salmon...

I love this card and how beautifully you've colored it. I think I need a Copic lesson from you. Priscilla

Juli Smith, said...

HI Paula! I love this color combo and you did a wonderful job on the Copic coloring! I have a canteloupe to cut up waiting on ym counter - this design reminds me of it - yummy!

Love & friendship, Jules

Veronica Z said...

I have really been trying to resist them but I may have to get a few copics! I love this card, and your beautiful coloring! You have very sweet neighbors to bring back so many goodies. Those pancakes sound sooo yummy. Thank you for sharing your beautiul card

Patti Gingrich said...

Another beautiful coloring job Paula! I like the color combo too...the lilac cardstock really makes your image pop. Your neighbors are going to love this card!