Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Birthday Wishes



I made this card for my sister's 65th birthday. She lives in Ohio, so we don't get to see each other too often, but I lived with her for several summers as a young teen. She was a teacher, and would take classes over the summer, and I would live with them for the summer and watch her kids.

This was my card for a shoebox swap that I was at last week. I got together with my old stamping friends Patti and Juli, and met a new friend, Theresa. We spent the morning making our shoe box swaps, had a lovely lunch provided by Patti, and then spent the afternoon playing, mostly with Patti's goodies!

My card uses my Nestabilities, and that cute Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch.
The stamps are from SU!. The watercolored heart is from the Occasion's Mini set Just Celebrate, and the sentiment is a hostess set in the Spring Summer Collection.

I used my Spica At You glitter pens on both the heart and the candle. You can just about make out the clear on the heart in the close-up.

I hope you had chance to stamp today. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Just Celebrate, For A Friend,Hot to Dot wheel, all by SU!
Ink: Stazon Black, Soft Sky Classic pad, Soft Sky, Lavender Lace, and River Rock reinkers
Paper: watercolor, Soft Sky, River Rock, Lavender Lace, Very Vanilla
Extras: Nestabilities, Spica glitter pens, River Rock double stitched ribbon, SU! rhinestone brads, Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch

2 comments:

Veronica Z said...

Paula, I LOVE this card! The heart is adorable and I really love how you used your punch. Very creative and it adds such a pretty, elegant touch. Love it!

Juli Smith, said...

Paula - great job on the phtots of this card - I especially like the close up on the focal piece. I haven't figured out how to do that on my camera yet! lol