Friday, May 2, 2008

Get Well Melissa



This is a quick little card I made for my Curves buddy, Melissa, who hasn't been able to work out for a while due to a back injury. So I've been missing her and I thought I'd let her know by sending her some flowers. haha

I watercolored the pick up with my markers. I partially colored the truck with markers and then I used my aquapainter to blend the ink. I used a gel pen on the chrome parts of the truck. You can see that better in the close up.

I used decorative edged scallop scissors to make the scallop edge and then punched with my 1/16" hole punch. The little paper flowers are my faux primas. Here's how you can make some. Take a small piece of card stock and run it over the edge of the table a bunch of times until it gets soft. The edges will begin to separate. You should be able to pull the pieces apart fairly easily. If they aren't separating easily, keep working your card stock to break the fibers a bit more. Once you separate it, you can take any flower punch you have and make your own Prima-type flowers!

A few rhinestones, a little Stickles, and an SU flower ribbon slide teamed up with some pink grosgrain finished up the card. Hope you have a great weekend and you find some time to stamp! Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories both by SU!
Ink: Stazon Black
Paper: Watercolor, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Retired SU! DP
Extras: Three for You Punch, Sakura gel pen, Spica glitter pen sin lemon and melo, SU flower ribbon slide, pink grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge scissors, 1/16" punch, Target $ spot rhinestone tattoos, Star Dust Stickles

2 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

The color combo looks so delicate and pretty here!

Love & friendship, Jules

LeAnne said...

What a cute card! I never think outside the box when it comes to this stamp set! Great job!
LeAnne