Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tickled Pink!


We are tickled pink! Our son Daniel has been dating his girlfriend for about 4 years now. Suzy has become a part of our family and we think the world of her. She is a sophomore at ISU and has been waiting to hear about her acceptance into the school of nursing. She was recently accepted and we are so happy for her. I made her this card to let her know. She will make a wonderful nurse!

This card was made for another VSN challenge. See my last post if you aren't sure what this means. This challenge, following the fashion theme, was a limited supply challenge. We were supposed to remember our school uniforms and think no bling, 2 stamp limit, only 2 colors of paper, only 2 tools from a limited list, and only 2 accessories from a short list. The challenge is explained here if you'd like to try.

I chose pink and black as my colors, 2 sizes of circle punches for my tools, and brads as my embellishments. These choices ensured a much better look than my Catholic school uniform garb of gray and drab blue scratchy wool plaid! ;)

This first card was blinged up a bit after I posted it on SCS, because it's really hard for me to send out a cute card without ribbon, glitter, and bling! ;) The second photo below is how I submitted it for the challenge. I added the bow, 2 little pink crystals on the ends of the antennae and traced over the sentiment with a clear Spica glitter pen. I'm not that happy with the bow. I would have preferred to have it tied behind that main image panel, but it was stuck on too well.

Hope you have something today that you are tickled pink about. Happy Monday! Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Very Punny by SU
Ink: Stazon Black pad, Pixie Pink and Bordering Blue Markers
Paper: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, and Confetti White
Extras: 1/2" and 5/8" circle punches, brads, pink crystals (Target clearance), pink grosgrain ribbon, clear Spica glitter pen
Technique: watercoloring

4 comments:

Sandi Berg said...

What a great card! I love all the black and pink together! It's so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Very cute Mom.

Patti Gingrich said...

This is sooooo cute Paula! I love how you used the circle punches. And the antennea crystals are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I like the ladybug=]