Friday, March 7, 2008

Authentic Birthday


Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with masculine cards. Since I have four boys and a husband, that could be a problem.

I used SU!'s Stamp of Authenticity set for this card. I created a tag to stamp the order image on. Daniel is our 2nd son, and after I filled in the info on the tag, I thought it would have been cute to put "BOY" under style, instead of his name. I also used Flannel Plaid by SU! on the top part of the card. The bottom background is done with a TP background technique that I found
here on Leslie Miller's blog. I like to use it for a quick background, to add some interest, but not any particular design to a piece of card stock. To get the edge on the violet piece, I removed the corner guard from my square steps pocket punch and used it along the edge of the card stock.

I'm sorry that my posts have slowed a bit, but I've had funerals, concerts,hospital visits, and extra time at work this week, so my stamping time has been limited. I am working this weekend, so I may not have time to post. Have a great weekend and don't forget to change your clocks!

Stamps: Stamp of Authenticity, Flannel Plaid, Short Order Numbers, all by SU!
Ink:
Basic Grey, Old Olive, Buckaroo Blue
Paper: Marigold Morning,Buckaroo Blue, Vintage Violet, Old Olive, Confetti White
Extras: Eyelets,1/2 inch, Tag Corner and Square Steps Pocket Punch

2 comments:

Veronica Z said...

hat is a very nice masculine card! Wow, 4 boys!?

Veronica Z said...

That is a very nice masculine card! Wow, 4 boys!?